Monday, December 12, 2005

"Easy" return from injury

It's nice to see Els sweep in and claim a victory in his first official event since his knee injury. It bodes well for the likelihood that he'll be back up a couple of notches where he belongs in the world rankings.

Adam Scott has had a disappointing end to his 2005 season. Every once in a while I decide for some random reason that I find him irksome, but despite that, I do sincerely wish him well as he works to improve his game.

With the Nedbank and Tiger's event not counting to official world points, Darren Clarke's position does not accurately reflect his play of late, so I hate to do this but this system shows a drop of Clarke and Davis Love III out of the top tiers this week while David Toms and Padraig Harrington slide down to Tier V for the week. The Tiger Rule is still in effect, but I'm hoping to retract it in January. (Without the Tiger Rule, the top tiers would include 43 golfers again this week.)

No comments: