Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cerebral golf

Geoff Ogilvy is always thinking, so he is a fount of interesting quotes. I liked the following from his most recent press interview:

"When you don't think you have a problem, you get to the point where you realize you have a problem and then you get to the point where you know you have to fix the problem and then you get to the point where you know how to fix the problem. There's a process, there's no like, that's it, I'm going to be great.
When I'm 21, listen, everyone is wrong and I'm right. And at 25, you're like, well, I'm actually wrong or I don't know how to be right. And then at 30, I'm working this out.
And everyone goes through that process. Some guys work it out when they are younger and some guys don't ever work it out. So I just think it's growing up. And that's not just golf, that's life."


And then there are those that put a little less thought into their golf as evidenced by this segment of Rory Sabbatini's last press interview:

"You know, golf is a strange game. You get what you get and that's about it. You can only put your best foot forward and hope it's good enough. You know, sometimes that happens. It goes in cycles like that, so you just -- I don't think you can spend too much time analyzing it. I think you can try to learn from it and try to improve on it."

No comments: